Why Hire a Master Builder Association Member?
In joining the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties, all builder, remodeler and associate members agree to abide by the Association's Code of Ethics. By doing so, members demonstrate to the public and to others in their respective fields that they take pride in their profession and will do their best to provide the highest quality work possible.
Code of Ethics
The philosophy of the Master Builders Association of King and Snohomish Counties is that:
- Home ownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes should be well designed, constructed, and located.
- American homes should be built under the free enterprise system.
To achieve these three goals, our members pledge to uphold the following Code of Ethics:
- Conduct our business in a manner that will reflect credit upon our association, our industry.
- Avoid statements or implications that may be misleading or deceptive.
- Describe accurately and honestly the price, materials and standards of workmanship used in our jobs.
- Provide high standards of health and safety.
- Deal fairly with everyone involved in our projects including: employees, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Encourage research to develop new materials, building techniques, improved building practices and financing methods.
- Perform to the standards of the NAHB residential construction performance guideline in effect at the time of construction.
- Offer a minimum one-year written warranty on new homes and remodels, and use the MBA's consumer dispute resource program to settle disagreements with builders and remodelers of single family homes should the Association receive a consumer complaint.
- Support our local, state and national associations and all related industries concerned with providing affordable housing.
- Do business with association members whenever possible.
Choosing a Master Builder Association member who is bonded, insured and registered, offers a warranty, and abides by a code of ethics, gives you the peace of mind you need when you are building, remodeling, maintaining or repairing the home of your dreams.
This article provided by the MBA.